Foolproof Brown Bread Recipe
Here in New Horizon we have been keeping up with the Operation Transformation. But as well as the programme for the O.T. we are also looking at all Healthy Options.
We all find it difficult to leave out bread in our diets so we found this gorgeous Brown Bread recipe and Bernadette took a few of us into the Coffee Dock and we baked this delicious recipe.
You should try it out!!
180g Plain Flour
340g Wholemeal Flour
2 tsp Bread Soda
1 tbsp Treacle
85g Porridge Oats
1 tbsp of Bran
Oil to grease the tin
Utensils you will need
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C or 400F or gas mark 6.
- Oil the loaf tin
- Sieve the plain flour and the bread soda
- Mix all dry ingredients togeather in a bowl.
- Beat the egg and milk and add to the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for 50 minutes.
- Test with a knife or skewer. If the knife is dry, your bread is cooked. If wet, bake your bread for another 5 minutes. Re-test a different part of the bread to make sure it is cooked.
- Remove from the tin. Cool on a wire tray before you slice it.
This is a picture of one we made earlier!!!