Hi my name is Stephen and I am a participant here in New Horizon Hub. The following is an interview I carried out with Fatoumata who is a new participant in our Hub. Fatoumata is originally from The Ivory Coast which is situated on the west coast of Africa. As a group we were very eager to find out more about the country Fatoumata is originally from.
An Interview with Fatoumata from The Ivory Coast
- Where is the Ivory coast?
The Ivory Coast is situated in West Africa, and borders with Ghana and Mali.
- How long have you been living in Ireland?
I have been living in Ireland for nearly 19 years.
- What is the currency of the country?
The currency is the West African CFA Franc
- What language do they speak in The Ivory Coast?
They Speak French and Dioula.
- What kind of food do you eat in your country?
The food I eat is Atieke, and it is eaten with fried fish. I also eat Aloco which is fried banana.
- What is the housing like, compared to Ireland?
The housing compared to Ireland is apartments and bungalow houses.
- What is the main religion?
The main religion is Christian and Muslim.
- What is the capital city?
The capitol city is Yamoussoukro.
- What is the population?
The population of the Ivory Coast was 20.32 million in 2013.
- What is the climate like there?
The climate is warm and sometimes it rains heavy. The temperature in the summer can be 30 degrees or a little more.
- What is the transport like in the cities?
The transport system is made up of buses taxis, some bicycles, some motorbikes, and some private cars.